Get the best spray tan by following my tips
If you are finally deciding to try Spray Tanning, I commend you! It is the safest way to have that sun-kissed glow. My tips below will help you make the experience a great one.
Choosing the right person to do your spray tan is step one. Here are a few questions to ask:
- How long have you been doing spray tanning?
- Do you have different solutions for different people’s skin type’s
- Do you take precautions to ensure my hands and feet will not be too dark?
- What do you suggest I wear?
- Can this be done in my home?
- Do you provide information I can take home (do’s and don’ts for making tan last)?
- How long does it take to dry?
Step 2 is ensuring you are prepared for your spray tan:
- Exfoliate the night before or day of your appointment. Use a scrub or baking soda.
- Shave, wax, or what ever method you choose to remove hair.
- Do not have heavy lotion, perfume, deodorant or make-up on for your appointment.
- Wear proper clothing – you will have tan lines of whatever you choose to tan in.
- Pull your hair back and remove all jewelry.
Step 3 is what to do after getting your spray tan:
- Once fully dry, dress in loose dark clothing.
- Do not shower for at least 6 hrs.
- Moisturize daily.
- Do not use bar soap or washes with harsh chemicals, do not scrub.
- Pat dry after showering.
- If you have to shave use hair conditioner instead of shaving cream.
- Drink plenty of water.
Most spray tans last about a week if taken care of. Spray tanning affects the top layer of your skin and once that sloughs off so does your tan. You can use a tan extendering product to get a few extra days.
Please contact me if you have any questions of would like to try spray tanning.
Cindy Lassin – owner of Tan-Tastic Mobile Spray Tanning